Stay tuned for updates through all your favorite channels!
|Hello LPPSers! This is your omnibus post of LPSS sponsored ALA Annual programs. Use it to create your schedule.
Saturday, June 25th
8:30am – 10:00am
3:00 – 4:00pm
Sunday, June 26th
10:30am – 11:30am
Monday June 27th
1:00 PM – 2:30 PM
The scheduler is here: https://www.eventscribe.com/2016/ala-annual/agenda.asp?h=Full+Schedule&BCFO=S&pta=ACRL_LPSS
I recommend searching for terms like government, data, or other topics that interest you!
We hope you can attend the Marta Lange/SAGE-CQ Press Award Breakfast honoring Chad Kahl, Interim Associate Dean for Public Services & Information Technology at Illinois State University.
The breakfast takes place on Sunday, June 26th from 8.30am-10am at Hilton Orlando, Lake Eola A
RSVP to Mary Oberlies (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The LPSS Professional Development Committee will be meeting, virtually, via WebEX, on June 16th, from 1-2 PM, EST (details, below). Some members will also be attending the Annual meeting, in Orlando.
You are welcome to sit in on our virtual meeting, or to drop by the LPSS in-person meetings to learn more.
If you wish to sit in on the virtual meeting, please contact email@example.com for login and password information.
ACRL LPSS Professional Development Committee
2016 Annual Meeting
June 16th, 2016
1:00 – 2:00pm EST
WebEX online meeting*
- Introductions and welcome
- Review ideas from our brainstorming session during the Midwinter virtual meeting, refine plans, and determine next steps and a timeframe.
Brainstorming for Professional Development Committee sponsored events or resources (notes from Midwinter virtual meeting):
- Provide an orientation to LPSS (drop-in sessions, perhaps) for library school students or early career professionals. This could be an in-person session, online, or both. Note: This might be an opportunity to collaborate with the Membership Committee.
- Offer a “speed mentoring” event, similar to what RUSA has done. An orientation session might also include a speed mentoring component.
- Mentoring might be organized around professional questions (i.e. career or how we do this) or around resource expertise (i.e. members with expertise in certain areas might mentor others).
- Google Hangouts as a platform for online speed-mentoring? Jodi G. has some experience with Google Hangouts and has offered to explore further.
3. Review the prototype Professional Development Resources page — http://research.library.gsu.edu/c.php?g=483112&p=3303670.
4. Questions or comments to be communicated to the General Membership Meeting, perhaps around the new name for LPSS or other business? Survey went out on March 16th. 63% of the membership approved a motion to change the name be changed to Politics, Policy, and International Relations (PPIR).
Brand new Newsletter for Spring 2016!
- Our proposed section name change
- Upcoming programs in Orlando
- The latest installment of “A Member to Know”
- Resources for election results
- and more!!